Improving Indoor Air Quality in Commercial Spaces
For so many industries, improving indoor air quality is crucial to the success of the business and the health of that business’s employees – now more than ever. The quality of the air you breathe has become even more important to the Donnelly mission as the nation continues to battle against the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. That’s why we continue to work to provide our customers with intelligent HVAC systems and maintenance for their commercial spaces.
The Importance of Improving Indoor Air Quality in 2020
If you’re working on-site, you likely have concerns about the quality of the indoor air in your commercial space and how it is affecting you, your employees, your customers, and all others that interact with your business face-to-face. On average, a healthy human takes approximately 17,000 breaths a day. When pollutants are allowed to build up in the ventilation systems, the air quality of your commercial space suffers greatly, leading to the spread of harmful airborne allergens, spores, and other irritants. These pollutants then spread throughout your commercial space through the ventilation system, entering your body and putting your health at risk.
How Can I Improve Indoor Air Quality in My Commercial Space?
Aside from proper ventilation and enhanced HVAC filtration, here are some effective solutions for improving air quality in your commercial space:
- Germicidal UVC Solutions: Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation is a method of disinfection that uses short wavelength ultraviolet light (UV-C) to inactivate or kill microorganisms and pathogens. The high-output lamps deliver UVC to destroy biofilm within the HVAC coils and ductwork, preventing growth and circulation of airborne pathogens in occupied spaces.
- Air and Surface Sterilization: Photocatalytic oxidation eliminates harmful contaminants in the air and on surfaces.
- Indoor Air Quality Monitoring: Installing IAQ sensors allows you to actively monitor CO2, temperature, humidity, VOCs and particulate matter through live reporting and dashboards.
- Air Duct Cleaning: Frequent cleaning of your space’s air ducts control the build-up and spread of harmful pollutants in the air.
- Custom Solutions: Our team of experts will work to identify any unique problems with your commercial HVAC system to design a custom solution for your space.
Contact Donnelly Mechanical for the Best Air Quality Solution for Your Commercial Space
At Donnelly Mechanical, our team of HVAC experts will work with your business to identify and implement the air quality solution that’s right for you and your commercial space. First, our team will conduct a comprehensive analysis on your current commercial HVAC system. Based on our team’s findings, we will recommend the appropriate solution to improve the quality of your space’s air and comfort of the work environment. With more than 30 years of experience, Donnelly Mechanical boasts New York City’s only fully-integrated indoor air quality testing and resources. Contact us today!