Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, troubleshooting, repair, installation and alteration of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system and related equipment and facilities; perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
Salary Range: $15.55 – $43.85 USD Hourly
Essential Job Functions
- Perform repairs to all related HVAC equipment in a timely and professional manner.
- Completes preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment, air and water cooled.
- Provides advanced troubleshooting of both air and water cooled HVAC equipment.
- Promote the company culture to all Junior Technicians and Helpers.
- Maintain and troubleshoot mission critical equipment.
- Provides direction to Jr Technicians and Helpers on repairs, installation and/or preventive maintenance.
- Utilizes tablet to write a detailed follow up to be used to generate a proposal and/or order material for repair work.
- Possess a full complement of hand tools and meters related to the HVAC trade.
- Generate pull through work during a PM or Service call to prevent breakdown or enhance the system.
- Attends union classes after hours pertaining to the trade.
- Have thorough understanding of Liebert, ATS, VRF Systems, and Chillers.
- Communicate with assigned coordinator at the beginning and end of each day.
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to and takes necessary OSHA and safety courses.
- Maintains proper safety standards in accordance with Donnelly regulations.
- Will need to maintain an acceptable attendance record by not exceeding five (5) unapproved absences per year.
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education:
- HVAC trade school/ Union background of formalized classroom training.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of refrigeration and electrical theory.
- Knowledge of various BMS systems to navigate through the settings.
- Understanding of the sequence of operation of all systems and airflow and water flow as it pertains to the HVAC trade.
- Must maintain regular attendance (reliable) and show to work on-time.
- Flexible to work a fluctuating schedule (overtime/24-hour standby emergency service) as needed.
- Familiar with materials, methods and tools used in the operation and repair of HVAC systems.
- Valid driver license.
- Possess and maintain up to date certifications necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- EPA certification.
- Fire department certificate G30 fire guard.
- Fire department certificate G38 torch use.
- 10-hour osha safety training.
- Soldering and brazing techniques.
- Technologically Savvy (ability to use mobile devices).
- Conscious of appropriate attire and appearance.
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Since our employees play a major role in keeping our business successful, we believe in treating them the same way. The proof is in our team members – most of our licensed, certified technicians have been employed with us for over 10 years. We have also been listed as one of Crain’s Top 50 Places to Work in New York. Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Training and Growth Opportunities
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Referral program
- Open door policy
- Company sponsored events
- Employee Discount programs