The Warehouse Assistant works under the supervision of the Warehouse Manager. This person receives shipments, keeps track of inventory, loads/unloads trucks and assists with general warehouse/facility maintenance and upkeep tasks. The Warehouse Assistant acts as a back-up Delivery Driver and a back-up for daily facilities maintenance and upkeep. Availability for some scheduled, on-call/off-hours work is a requirement of this position. Additional overtime hours may be required as business requires particularly during the summer months. Flexibility and reliability are a requirement for this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to lift/carry items and climb in/out of trucks and up and down ladders (above 8-10 feet in height) multiple times daily are required.
- Receive incoming shipments & reconcile shipments with purchase orders.
- Coordinate documentation to physical product to ensure damage free and accurate shipments.
- Replenishes inventory for box trucks, gang boxes, and warehouse.
- Load/unload trucks with packages/items/materials scheduled for daily deliveries/pickups.
- Prepare staging area for projects.
- Keep shop materials and inventory stocked and organized.
- Organize warehouse to maintain clean and safe working conditions.
- Warehouse/Facility maintenance back-up and Box Truck driver back-up.
- Maintain proper safety standards in accordance with Donnelly regulations.
- Take vehicles for service when instructed to and report any mechanical problems to Supervisor.
- Consult with Management about any unusual problems.
- Possible on-call/off-hours availability. Approx. 1 scheduled week each 6 weeks.
- Other related tasks as assigned by the Donnelly Management team.
- OSHA 30 Construction Training REQUIRED within 30 days of hire.
- 1-2 years’ experience in HVAC/Plumbing warehouse/supply shop a plus, not mandatory.
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities in a dynamic field service and support environment.
- Forklift certification a plus, but not mandatory.
- Availability for on-call/off-hours duties.
- Thorough understanding on the geographic outline of the NYC metro area.
- Must complete a criminal background check, vehicle license history review & drug screening.
- Valid Driver’s License, with a “Clean” record/history.
- Good communication skills and comprehension skills.
- Planning, organizing and time management. Strong follow-up skills.
- Prioritizing, flexibility, adaptability, reliability. Ability to multi-task.
- Problem assessment and problem solving. Strong decision making skills.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Customer service orientation and a teamwork mindset.
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Since our employees play a major role in keeping our business successful, we believe in treating them the same way. The proof is in our team members – most of our licensed, certified technicians have been employed with us for over 10 years. We have also been listed as one of Crain’s Top 50 Places to Work in New York. Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Training and Growth Opportunities
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Referral program
- Open door policy
- Company sponsored events
- Employee Discount programs