The Warehouse Assistant works under the supervision of the Warehouse Manager. This person receives shipments, keeps track of inventory, loads/unloads trucks and assists with general warehouse/facility maintenance. The Warehouse Assistant acts as a back-up Delivery Driver. Fork Lift certification a plus. Availability for scheduled, on-call/off-hours work is a requirement of this position.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive incoming shipments & reconcile shipments with purchase orders
- Coordinate documentation to physical product to ensure damage free and accurate shipments
- Load/Unload Donnelly vehicles with daily scheduled deliveries
- Replenish inventory for box trucks, gang box, and warehouse
- Coordinate the inventory of all parts and company tools and equipment
- Prepare staging area for projects
- Keep shop materials stocked and organized
- Perform weekly cycle counts of all stocked materials
- Transfer refrigerant in shop to trucks; Perform refrigerant recovery in shop
- Organize warehouse to maintain clean and safe conditions
- Warehouse/Facility Helper back-up
- Backup Box Truck driver
- Mandatory on-call/off-hours availability. 1 scheduled week per month
- Maintains proper safety standards in accordance with Donnelly regulations
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record by not exceeding five (5) unapproved absences per year
- Other related tasks as assigned by the Donnelly Management team
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education
- 1-2 years’ experience in HVAC or Plumbing industry/warehouse/supply shop
- Thorough understanding on the geographic outline of the NYC metro area
- Availability for on-call/off-hours duties.
- A high level of organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities in a dynamic and ever-changing field service and support environment
- Inventory experience
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to pass Criminal/Drug screening
- Operate a Box Truck/Van
- Forklift certification a plus
- OSHA 10/30 Certification a plus
- Tool identification
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Solid decision-making skills within the scope of the position
- Quick to adjust to last minute requests and changes in the warehouse
- Knowledge of HVAC/plumbing materials a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Solid computer skills. MS Office, Word, Excel. ERP and Inventory management systems.
- Good organizational skills are necessary
- Some travel required
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Our employees play a major role in our success and we value them. Many of our employees have been with us for over 10 years. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and company paid life insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and profit sharing plans.