We have an outstanding career opportunity for an accounting professional interested in joining the Accounting and Finance Department of a well-established, successful and growing mechanical contracting company located on the Queens/Nassau border. We seek a highly motivated Senior Construction Accountant with a strong desire to develop management skills, and who is determined to find new, creative and resourceful ways to solve problems. As a Senior Construction Accountant, you will be given the opportunity to take ownership of several essential processes and will apply standard accounting principles to record and analyze financial transactions. This role includes managing job cost attributes in our state-of-the-art ERP and reporting key financial information directly to the senior leadership team. You will be actively involved in responding to customer issues, resolving problems, and preparing and reviewing financial statement information related to our construction and service lines of business.
We value our people above all else, and accordingly, this position comes with excellent benefits and unlimited opportunity for career development and advancement.
- Supervise the Construction and Special Projects billing functions
- Master ERP system attributes to effectively manage Job Cost reporting
- Develop, maintain and improve construction reporting process, including setting up projects (jobs), budgets, job costs, cost codes, contracts, change orders, purchase orders and various other construction progress reports
- Manage process for proper coding of construction invoices (payment applications) and lien releases for contractor and vendor invoices. Maintain contract documents including records of lien releases in appropriate files
- Analyze and review construction status with Project/Construction Managers. Direct and participate in cost analyses
- Prepare/gather materials related to construction and cost accounting matters for internal and external auditors
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Construction experience is required
- Ability to read and interpret construction contracts, lien releases, and other relevant construction documents
- Experience processing AIA billing & WIP schedules
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers, project managers, peer professionals, and management
Experience & Education Requirements
- Four-year accounting degree
- 3-5 years’ relevant accounting experience
- Knowledge of construction job cost accounting and general accounting principles
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret accounting data and perform quantitative analyses
- Strong MS Office skills, including the ability to structure and apply Microsoft Excel solutions that require pivot-table and look-up functions, as well as advanced charts and graphs
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Our employees play a major role in our success and we value them. Many of our employees have been with us for over 10 years. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and company paid life insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and profit sharing plans.