The risk management associate to provide hands-on understanding of all Donnelly Mechanical Corp. Insurance programs, Certificate of Insurance Management, Claims Management and Contract Management processes. Must have proven ability to work in a highly demanding environment, an understanding of the New York construction, excellent time management and organizational skills.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Insurance Policy Management
- Analyze and review the purchased insurance programs with the guidance of
- Risk Manager/Engie to include (General Liability, Automobile,
- Umbrella/Excess Liability, Workers Compensation, Professional and
- Pollution Liability, Property, Builders’ Risk, OCIP/CCIPs, Surety, etc.)
- Understand all type of insurance issues that may develop.
- Maintain premium allocations for premium payments of various insurance policies for Donnelly Mechanical Corp.
- Prepare renewal documentation for expiring policies.
- Complete/maintain audited documentation for various policies.
- Work on open/closed surety bonds with surety agent/Donnelly.
Insurance Claims/Incident Management
- With the support of the Risk Manager understand incident submittal process for incident reporting to Engie/Carriers/TPA.
- Manage and retain discovery/litigation documentation requests from general counsel, working with the business units at Donnelly to collect information.
Insurance Certificate of Insurance Management
- Receive certificate of insurance requests from clients/Donnelly business units.
- Obtain certificates from applicable insurance brokers and distribute to the business units.
- Work with external broker for the timely and accurate fulfillment of all COI requests by customers, building managers, general contractors, building owners, agents, Donnelly etc., also including at renewal.
- Maintain and update the Company database of Certificate of insurance holders and their specific certificate requirements.
- Work with Donnelly Mechanical Corp./risk manager/broker to review Subcontractor’s insurance policies.
- Maintain a contract log, pending contracts and include follow-ups for all departments (Construction/Service/Maintenance).
- Send contract reviews to legal in coordination with risk manager.
- Maintain a master file of all agreements signed and executed prospectively from each business unit.
- Assist insurance risk manager on future risk management projects.
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a construction environment
- Associates Degree, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in commercial/construction insurance preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; Adobe; web-based portals
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Our employees play a major role in our success and we value them. Many of our employees have been with us for over 10 years. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and company paid life insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and profit sharing plans.