Purchasing Agents are required to purchase goods and services for the company in an efficient and economical manner. They will follow all established Donnelly policies and procedures in processing purchase orders, while meeting or exceeding all client expectations for time frames and deadlines. They must manage their spending efficiently. They will also assist the Warehouse Team with pulling materials from internal stock, verifying orders to be accurate before they are sent out and communicating directly with the Service and Construction Departments, Field Technicians and Vendors/Suppliers on orders, deliveries, and technical issues.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Follow Donnelly’s policies and procedures for the purchase of goods and services.
- Source all items, parts and materials required to support our business operations.
- Negotiate cash discounts, volume purchasing discounts, OEM pricing, etc.
- Select vendors based on price, capability, and past performance, following departmental guidelines.
- Verify all purchasing documents are completed properly and the terms and conditions are appropriate.
- Keep accurate records, including price histories and any problems in doing business with vendors.
- Attain quotes, order materials and coordinate delivery of parts/material/equipment and services as needed for Service, Maintenance, and
- Construction departments.
- Ensure all material is ordered and delivered in a timely manner to provide optimum service to clients.
- Support service staff in the pricing/estimating process while ensuring maximum profitability.
- Manage relationships with vendors/suppliers to ensure best cost savings and continually develop cost savings initiatives with parts, supplies, stock, delivery, etc.
- Cross check materials received with back up/purchase orders.
- Call vendors to expedite backorders and verify delivery schedules.
- Generate list of all returns for credit and coordinate returns with Warehouse Department.
- Ensure prices are entered on Purchase Order.
- Must be available for scheduled on-call requirements during the afterhours timeframe to cover warehouse and delivery operations. Box truck and forklift training will be required and will be provided.
- Other related responsibilities and work tasks as assigned by Donnelly Management.
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Purchasing materials within HVAC industry.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration/Product Management a plus.
- Must be able to manage vendors and vendor relationships as needed.
- Solid decision-making skills within the scope of the position and strong follow-up skills.
- Ability to set clear expectations and speak to customer needs.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Warehouse/Box Truck experience a plus. Training will be provided.
- Forklift experience a plus. Training will be provided.
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Since our employees play a major role in keeping our business successful, we believe in treating them the same way. The proof is in our team members – most of our licensed, certified technicians have been employed with us for over 10 years. We have also been listed as one of Crain’s Top 50 Places to Work in New York. Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Training and Growth Opportunities
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Referral program
- Open door policy
- Company sponsored events
- Employee Discount programs