Donnelly Mechanical’s Special Projects division is committed to delivering intelligent HVAC solutions. Our primary focus is to provide support and resources for mechanical systems that are above and beyond the general maintenance and repair services scope. From supplemental HVAC installations to 500-ton chiller replacements, our turnkey approach allows for a single point of contact for all trades and processes throughout the duration of the project.
The Project Manager of Special Projects will provide management oversight for all phases of the of project they are assigned. This person will plan, organize, and direct Donnelly employees and its sub-contractors during all installations. They will identify areas of needs for the clients they support and look to sell Donnelly services to ensure an enriched customer experiences while increasing Donnelly’s business.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide direction to HVAC Technicians/MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing contractors), and non-trades contractors on project scope, client demands, and education on best practices to ensure proper execution.
- Manage projects from conception to close out by communicating with and assisting technicians and subcontractors on day to day matters to solve difficult installation problems.
- Track and control construction schedule and associated costs to ensure projects are completed on-time within budget allocation.
- Negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with client representative.
- Complete site evaluations at the end of each project to ensure project is completed to standard.
- Understand the needs of each client by building relationships with key stakeholders to ensure premium customer satisfaction.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Donnelly’s business capabilities and understanding of the appropriate triggers through client observation to engage clients in conversation about additional service opportunities.
- Maintain understanding and education on industry trends to ensure a competitive advantage on best practices.
- Generate proposals to install new or replacement/upgrade AC systems.
- Prepare and submit weekly status updates to Donnelly management team and client on the progress of the project.
- Select materials, parts needed to complete proposed work, and obtain bids and monitor cost analysis performance for all subcontractor trades.
- Track equipment after release to ensure timely delivery to the jobsite.
- Review equipment/product submittals for conformance and obtain necessary A/E approvals prior to release.
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education
- Minimum of 10 yrs. experience as a field Service Technician.
- Minimum of 5 yrs. experience as a Project Manager/Superintendent within HVAC industry.
- Ability to understand all aspects of the design and installation process.
- Hands-on PM that that leads by example and can be a source of knowledge and guidance for the technicians and subcontractors.
- Proficiency to evaluate client infrastructure and educate and ultimately sell them on the specific services Donnelly offers.
- Standard HVAC certifications/2 years in construction management preferred.
- Able to build an infrastructure to understand and prioritize the needs of the client.
- MS Outlook, MS Office, ERP Software, Dropbox, Adobe PDF software, Salesforce.
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Since our employees play a major role in keeping our business successful, we believe in treating them the same way. The proof is in our team members – most of our licensed, certified technicians have been employed with us for over 10 years. We have also been listed as one of Crain’s Top 50 Places to Work in New York. Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Training and Growth Opportunities
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Referral program
- Open door policy
- Company sponsored events
- Employee Discount programs
- Corporate Gym Membership Program (Life Time & NYSC)