We are seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our team. The Payroll Specialist’s primary function is to process payroll and new hires, maintain worker database, and conduct new hire orientation and assist with our onboarding process.
Essential Job Functions
- Process payroll for 200+ employees, union and non-union employees
- Process new hires by entering them into our payroll system, direct deposit etc.
- Set up garnishments, levies, child support, 401K deductions
- Prepare and pay garnishments weekly
- Maintain and record the accumulation and use of vacation and sick days
- Resolve payroll discrepancies
- Calculate retro payments
- Prepare and pay weekly payroll taxes and quarterly taxes
- Prepare certified payrolls
- Familiar with the Construction/HVAC Industry and Local Unions
- Software experience with ADP WorkForce Now Payroll, Microsoft Office/Excel
- Maintain the company’s HRIS system and generate departmental reports,
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports, including gross payroll, hours worked, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.
- Prepare weekly 401k/profit sharing contribution to review and upload; run reports for compliance with annual non-discrimination testing and 5500 filings
- Assist HR Manager with 401k and Worker’s Compensation annual audits
- Coordinate FMLA, PFL, and Disability procedures and support
- Active role in the time tracking system implementation; train employees (ADP Portal)
- General HR filing and maintenance, employee file & I-9 tracking and management, maintain employee files, verify, and ERP onboarding
- Conduct new hire orientation for employees and assist with onboarding process
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education
- 5-years of relevant experience (preferred)
- Certified Payroll Provider (preferred)
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Our employees play a major role in our success and we value them. Many of our employees have been with us for over 10 years. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, paid time off, and a Corporate Health Club Program. We also offer flexible spending accounts, 401(k), Safe Harbor, and profit-sharing.