The Jr. Project Manager of Construction will assist with management oversight for all phases of the Construction Projects they are assigned. This person will assist with planning, organizing, and directing Donnelly employees and its sub-contractors during all installations. They will identify areas of needs for the clients they support and look to sell Donnelly services to ensure an enriched customer experiences while increasing Donnelly’s business.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor direction given to HVAC Technicians/MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing contractors), and non-trades contractors on project scope, client demands, and education on best practices to ensure proper execution.
- Monitor projects from conception to close out by communicating with and assisting technicians and subcontractors on day to day matters to solve difficult installation problems.
- Track construction schedule and associated costs to ensure projects are completed on-time within budget allocation.
- Complete site evaluations at the end of each project to ensure project is completed to standard.
- Understand the needs of each client by building relationships with key stakeholders to ensure premium customer satisfaction.
- Thorough knowledge of Donnelly’s business capabilities and understanding of the appropriate triggers through client observation to engage clients in conversation about additional service opportunities.
- Learn and understand education on industry trends to ensure a competitive advantage on best practices.
- Assist in preparing weekly status field reports to Donnelly management team.
- Work with Project Manager to select materials, parts needed to complete proposed work, and obtain bids and monitor cost analysis performance for all subcontractor trades.
- Track equipment after release to ensure timely delivery to the jobsite.
- Work with Project Managers and Project Executive to advance personal knowledge and advance skills.
- Review equipment/product submittals for conformance and obtain necessary A/E approvals prior to release.
- Ensure all Donnelly Mechanical staff as well as subs maintain site safety requirements.
- Work with purchasing to ensure equipment is purchased based on project scope.
- Learn how to review project specifications with Estimator to ensure goals are aligned with clients demands.
- Regularly review job financials as well as labor posted to job.
- Maintain proper safety standards in accordance with Donnelly regulations.
- Will need to maintain an acceptable attendance record by not exceeding five (7) unapproved absences per year.
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience in Project Management within HVAC industry.
- Ability to understand all aspects of the design and installation school process.
- Hands-on PM that that leads by example
- Standard HVAC certifications/2 years in construction management preferred.
- MS Outlook, MS Office, ERP Software, Dropbox, Adobe PDF software.
- Must have completed OSHA 30 course and institute applicable safety regulations on projects.
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Since our employees play a major role in keeping our business successful, we believe in treating them the same way. The proof is in our team members – most of our licensed, certified technicians have been employed with us for over 10 years. We have also been listed as one of Crain’s Top 50 Places to Work in New York. Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Training and Growth Opportunities
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Referral program
- Open door policy
- Company sponsored events
- Employee Discount programs