The Jr. System Administrator will provide stable and uninterrupted operation of the in-house computer network and all connected PCs, peripherals, tablets and mobile devices, including assisting in planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing network hardware, software, and communication links. This position requires independent analyses, effective and efficient communications and complex problem-solving skills with a heavy focus on application level support.
Essential Job Function
- Provide front-end support to internal and external customers; diagnose and troubleshoot workstation related issues (software installs, email configuration and routing, hardware, applications, and peripherals)
- Serve as escalation point for Service Desk, ensuring completion of Service Desk Tickets within required SLAs and to the customers satisfaction; perform advanced diagnoses of hardware and software, communicating the remediation plans to the team, the end-user and to management as required
- Assist with administration and maintenance of (network and application) user accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Provision, manage and deploy mobile devices (cell phones & tablets) in an MDM and BYOD configuration
- Work with Systems Engineer to perform routine network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations; conduct routine environment health checks
- Support the ERP system and all related modules; perform advance application level troubleshooting on the ERP platform as well as other industry standard software
- Assist with conducting UAT and QAT on software and hardware releases as applicable to the business
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the IT infrastructure (front and backend)
- Maintain Department standardization of all hardware and software adhering to internal IT Controls and compliance policies
- Document and update technical procedures, administrative processes, and configuration management
- Assist with managing infrastructure assets: vendor support agreements, software licenses and keys, hardware leases, service contracts; assists with monitoring and controlling inventory of equipment and supplies
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential and maintaining safe/ethical computing practices
- Assist with the data backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity strategies, technologies, and managing related documentation
- Provide on-call emergency services after business hours, holiday and weekends (as required)
Must be familiar with all or some of the following technologies
- Network troubleshooting (DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP)
- MS Windows 10, MS Windows Server platforms (2008 and greater) / Active Directory
- Microsoft Office 2016 (and greater) Application support
- Mobile Device Management
- Virtualization technology
- Antivirus and Anti-Spam technologies
- Backup software technologies and methodology
- Business Continuity Practice
- Remote access configuration & troubleshooting (VPN)
- VOIP telephony services
- Website implementation and administration
- Video Conferencing technologies
- Ticketing System
- ERP Applications
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field is a must
- 2 years prior experience proving Tier 2 IT Support is a must
- Strong Application level troubleshooting skills preferred
- Industry Standard Certifications (i.e. Microsoft, Cisco) preferred
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities.
- Works well individually or in a group setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with people at all
- Consistent high level of customer care and
- Good written and verbal communication
- Good organizational and time management
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Successfully presents technical information.
- Technical knowledge base and excellent problem solving skills.
- Process improvement techniques.
- IT Documentation.
- Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5pm. Additional hours maybe required as business necessitates
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to set clear expectations with-in the division and multi-task.
- Solid decision-making skills within the scope of the position.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Prioritizing, flexibility, adaptability
- Problem assessment and problem solving
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Since our employees play a major role in keeping our business successful, we believe in treating them the same way. The proof is in our team members – most of our licensed, certified technicians have been employed with us for over 10 years. We have also been listed as one of Crain’s Top 50 Places to Work in New York. Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Training and Growth Opportunities
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Referral program
- Open door policy
- Company sponsored events
- Employee Discount programs