The HVAC Construction Estimator is responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that all items required are completed to successfully bid and win projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Assess cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost-effective solutions.
- Solicit and maintain communication with subcontractors and vendors.
- Ensure proper coverage from subcontractors on bid day.
- Minimize exclusions by “doing our homework”.
- Aggressively follow-up with subcontractors to ensure that bids are received.
- Ensure all bids are priced correctly by subcontractors and vendors i.e. Tax Exempt.
- Confirm pricing received reflects the correct scope of work.
- Submit bids and budgets by the bid deadline.
- Ability to collaborate across functions to manage cost and price factors that influence customer acquisition, retention, and revenue.
- Enter all relevant information into the company’s ERP systems.
- Review blueprints and accurately delineates the scope of work required for the project.
- Consistently follows up on submitted bids and budgets with GC to close business.
- Properly turn over bid documents with Construction Department at time of award with all relevant information needed.
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education
- 3-5 years of estimating experience in the HVAC construction industry.
- Ability to treat sensitive information with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Possess skill and understanding in conceptual estimating.
- Proven project estimating and/or project management success.
- Above average proficiency in MS Office, Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of estimating software programs.
- Professional, ethical, and a team player willing to grow with the company.
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Our employees play a major role in our success and we value them. Many of our employees have been with us for over 10 years. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and company paid life insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and profit sharing plans.