The Delivery driver operates a light delivery panel/box truck, cargo van or similar vehicle to pick up and deliver parts, materials, and finished products to Field staff or clients throughout the NYC Metro area. Daily shifts being in the 5-6am timeframe at our warehouse in Queens Village NY. Shift start times will vary day-to-day based on business needs. Flexibility and reliability are a requirement for this position.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to lift/carry items and climb in/out of the truck multiple times daily are required.
- Load/unload truck with packages/items/materials scheduled for the day’s deliveries/pickups
- Deliver packages and obtain signed receiving slips when necessary
- Use cell phone to report on progress of deliveries consistently throughout the day
- Pick up returns and items for use by the company and verify the goods received are accurate as per packing slips and receipts. Sign for related pickups/drop-offs
- Maintain daily records of all deliveries and truck mileage
- Follow maintenance schedules for truck service and daily/monthly truck inventory schedules
- Keep truck fully stocked with common stock parts
- Submit daily box truck safety review before leaving the shop
- Take vehicles for service when instructed to and report any mechanical problems to Supervisor
- Tagging all returns to Warehouse that include: Recovered Refrigerant, Glycol Samples, Defective Tools (Company & Tech), Filters, Equipment, Parts, etc.
- Assist in general warehouse duties upon completing delivery route.
- Consult with Supervisor about any unusual problems
- Maintain proper safety standards in accordance with Donnelly regulations
- Will need to maintain an acceptable attendance record by not exceeding five (7) unapproved absences per year
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education
- Valid Driver’s License, with a “Clean” record/history. License check will be required
- At least 3 years’ experience as a driver (box truck) delivering parts
- Able to navigate NYC through assistance of GPS to determine best routes
- Familiarity with HVAC industry a plus, but not mandatory
- Forklift certification a plus, but not mandatory
- CDL a plus, but not mandatory
- Good communication skills and comprehension skills
- Planning, organizing and time management
- Prioritizing, flexibility, adaptability, reliability
- Problem assessment and problem solving. Strong decision making skills
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer service orientation and a teamwork mindset
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Our employees play a major role in our success and we value them. Many of our employees have been with us for over 10 years. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and company paid life insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and profit sharing plans.