The Business Development Executive’s primary function is to increase Donnelly’s account base within the HVAC market. He/she will develop a thorough understanding of the HVAC business particularly the needs of clients in the NY metro area. This person will have specific lead generation goals to reach over an annual basis. Will also look to build a continuous pipeline of industry stakeholders to build Donnelly’s brand in the market place.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop network of prospective clients to engage regularly to drive sales results
- Identify and select strategic opportunities to represent Donnelly through speaking engagements and presentations (6-8 per year)
- Plan and execute “Lunch & Learns” for Owners and Management Co’s. (4-6 per year)
- Schedule and actively participate in prospect meetings with desirable targets. Examples include: leads for potential construction, installation and equipment replacement opportunities to the Estimating Dept. and Special Projects team
- Research industry trends to ensure that Donnelly’s brand is competitive in accordance with changing client demands
- Leverage existing relationships and act as a liaison with Sales Executives to make introductions with key stakeholders such as Property Managers and General Contractors to facilitate new business
- Meet regularly with building/facility managers to facilitate better access and develop thorough understanding to tenant needs that will allow Donnelly to cater their sales initiatives accordingly
- In collaboration with Sales Operations Manager, will develop a variety of marketing techniques to attract perspective clients and put key performance measurements in place to monitor allotted budget to assess ROI
- Maintain documentation for each lead as required; provide weekly executive reports; record and maintain client/prospect information for future reference
- Participate in Estimating and Construction meetings (bi-monthly)
- Develop new marketing ideas; continuously refine and improve ambassador role
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education
- A minimum of 2 years working in outside sales for HVAC or similar service industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Thorough understanding of HVAC customer needs to attract and maintain client base
- Excellent presentation skills to confidently interact with customer on business development initiatives
- Able to understand, react, and prioritize competing client needs
- Team orientated professional that is open minded to different strategies and proper course for direction
- Must have a driver’s license in good standing and ability to travel through NYC metro area
- Above average proficiency in MS Office, Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Our employees play a major role in our success and we value them. Many of our employees have been with us for over 10 years. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and company paid life insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and profit sharing plans.