The Assistant Project Manager coordinates construction project specifications between the Estimating Division and Project Management team. This person is also responsible for negotiating with vendors on best pricing for services. He/she will oversee ordering of materials needed to execute Donnelly construction projects. In addition, will provide direction and leadership to Construction Coordinator, Construction Assistant, and Executive Assistant.
Essential Job Functions
- Works daily with Construction Department.
- Downloads drawings and/or revised drawings for current jobs and sets up folders, quotes on Dropbox for each.
- Reads thru drawings/specifications to see which subs and vendors to send the pricing to.
- Obtains and tracks Capital Improvement Certificates or Tax Exempt Certificates for each job.
- Keep an up to date log of the current Capital Improvement Certificates or Tax Exempt Certificates.
- Create & Modify documents/proposals using, ERP system and Microsoft Office.
- Support PM’s including preparation of documents & follow-up on timelines and deliverables when needed.
- Performing additional assignments and responsibilities as requested by the Construction Department.
- Assist with overflow of construction department which consists of but is not limited to: answering phones, typing proposals, coverage for vacation/leave/breaks of other associates, and following up on pricing.
- Schedule and track walk through’s as requested from Estimating department.
- Works with Project Managers to ensure all purchase orders for change orders are received in a timely manner and logs are up to date.
- Responsible for creating purchase orders.
- Develops training methods with appropriate measurement structure to ensure gaps in skill set are addressed for new or existing associates.
- Works with Project Managers and vendors to ensure they have proper project scope of work.
- Coordinates conferences with PM’s and Estimators to ensure they are in synchronization as it relates to the project specifications.
- Runs reports to determine construction project profitability.
- Receiving incoming requests for labor from Project Managers and/or Project Supervisors and assigns for completion on a priority basis
- Obtaining and submitting submittals and shop drawings and keeping logs up-to-date within Dropbox
- Preparing Owners Manuals when necessary
- Obtaining Owners Manuals from each vendor for equipment on a job after release
- Distributing insurance requirements to subs on each job
- Following up on obtaining the insurance certificates from each subcontractor on the job
- Submitting the insurance certificates to the appropriate person from the general contractor’s office
- Obtaining delivery dates/ship dates for each job once equipment/materials have been released by the project manager
- Following up on missing delivery dates/tracking #’s for each job
- Keeping an up to date log of the current ship dates for each job
- Receiving packing slips and logs in material that comes into construction department
- Submitting Liebert/Stulz start-up forms via email and/or mail
- Pulling permits when necessary
- Maintains proper safety standards in accordance with Donnelly regulations.
- Will need to maintain an acceptable attendance record by not exceeding five (5) unapproved absences per year.
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education
- Minimum of 10 years administrative experience and 5 years as an Assistant PM within HVAC industry.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of management experience
- MS Outlook, MS Office, ERP Software, Dropbox, Adobe PDF software.
- Auto cad is a plus but not a necessity.
- Ability to lead by example and set necessary departmental goals for staff based on division needs.
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Since our employees play a major role in keeping our business successful, we believe in treating them the same way. The proof is in our team members – most of our licensed, certified technicians have been employed with us for over 10 years. We have also been listed as one of Crain’s Top 50 Places to Work in New York. Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Training and Growth Opportunities
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Referral program
- Open door policy
- Company sponsored events
- Employee Discount programs