The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the Estimating Department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining the plan room, making copies of blueprints and/or scanning, setting up new bids to be received, setting up quotes in ERP system, updating bid list daily and managing distribution to subcontractors and vendors. He/she will be responsible for downloading all bid related documents and managing the Dropbox folders. The primary focus of this position will be to continually adapt to the division by understanding the functionality of the department through constant communication and collaboration with the Estimators.
Essential Job Functions
- Respond to all bid invitations electronically with Donnelly’s intent in a timely fashion
- Distribute all drawings to subcontractors/vendors for bids via email, or print copies as necessary
- Coordinate bid walkthroughs with Construction Department and ensure walkthrough notes are received
- Email Project Managers link with drawings
- Ensure all quotes from subcontractors/vendors are received on time, prior to bid due date
- Point person to evaluate e-mails to determine if they should be sent to the Estimating Department
- Continuous follow-up with subcontractors and vendors to ensure all bids are received prior to bid due date
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education
- 3-5 years of employment experience in an Administrative Assistant function
- Above average proficiency in MS Office Suite and Dropbox
- Must be familiar with a variety of software programs, including but not limited to an ERP system
- Knowledge of estimating software programs preferred but not mandatory
Apply for This Position
About Our Company
Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
Benefits & Culture
Our employees play a major role in our success and we value them. Many of our employees have been with us for over 10 years. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and company paid life insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and profit sharing plans.